The Youth Development Phase pathway U13-U14 is designed for the player who is looking to play competitive soccer in a positive developmental environment.
The Youth Development Players will practice two times a week. They will play in sanctioned leagues, attend carefully selected tournaments throughout the course of the season, alongside scrimmages against high level competitive and Development Academy (DA) teams.
Players will follow a curriculum created specifically for this age-group. This curriculum has been developed with a focus on the necessary skills needed to succeed at this age group.
The 365 Soccer Academy coaching program will adopt a player centered approach developing Technical, Tactical, Physiological and Psychological areas of performance for each player within a safe and positive learning environment to maximize each player’s learning potential at each phase of the performance pathway. It is our goal to develop players who will transition through each phase, all the way to the collegiate/professional phase.
365 Soccer Academy will deliver the technical program to all players which will be recorded and evaluated through each performance phase. The coaches and players will adhere to the Academy Code of Conduct. Our coaching philosophy will support the Academy playing philosophy.
How we do it!!
Principles for the PLAYERS:
1. Make correct decisions under pressure: all players must have an awareness of what decision to make in all areas of the field in and out of possession.
2. Keep the game simple: do not force situations, over dribble or be careless with the ball.
3. Be reliable in possession: all players must value possession of the ball and be good at retaining possession in a variety of situations.
4. Accuracy and quality of the pass: passing must be accurate with the correct weight.
5. First touch: make a clean, controlled first touch taking the ball away from pressure into space.
6. Awareness: all players with and without the ball should constantly be scanning the field of play.
7. 1v1 ability: encourage desire to regain control of the ball in defense and creativity in attack to beat defenders.
8. Individual transition: players must react quickly when possession changes.
9. Shooting: always be aware of the goal, all players are encouraged to shoot if appropriate to do so.
10. Take Risks: Soccer is an error prone sport and mistakes are part of the game and a learning process. Players are encouraged to take risks at the right time in training sessions to increase the speed of play and technical competence the coach must encourage this.
Principles for the TEAM:
1. All players must attack and defend: all players must be involved in the game as unit.
2. Numerical advantage: Soccer is a game of numbers where we try to create a numerical advantage in attack and avoid a being in a numerical disadvantage in defense.
3. Width, Length and Depth: when in possession the team must have width, length and depth for both creative and safe possession.
4. Triangle principle and passing options: the player in possession of the ball must receive constant support and have at least two passing options.
5. Speed of play: quick movement of the ball can create 2v1 situations.
6. Movement off the ball: find the best available space to create passing options for the player in possession of the ball.
7. Pressure as a unit: the unit must stay compact to reduce the space available for opponents to play.
8. Transition: improve transition by reducing the number of passes needed to arrive at the target area or opponent’s goal when necessary.
Copyright © 2018 365 Soccer Academy - All Rights Reserved. 365 Soccer Academy is a non-profit organization, 501(c)(3).
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder